US giant ExxonMobil and French major TOTAL have published tenders in local Nigerian newspapers, calling on suppliers of deepwater Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (MODU) and Fast Crew Boats respectively.
Both are looking to deploy the facilities in their deepwater operations.
ExxonMobil wants the MODU for a deepwater drilling contract expected to commence in the 4th Quarter 2020. The operations will be on any or all of Oil Mining Leases 133 and 139 and Oil Prospecting Lease (OPL) 223.
TOTAL requires the Fast Crew Boat for services within OML 130 PERMIT AREA including AKPO, EGINA and PREOWEI fields for a duration of two (2) firm years.
TOTAL doesn’t disclose, in the advertisement, when the services for which it requires the boats are expected to start, but it fixes the deadline for the submission of application at August 1, 2019.
ExxonMobil, meanwhile, will close the tender opportunity by 16.00hours on Wednesday August 7, 2019. Anticipated total contract term is one (1} year term with a four optional (1) year extensions (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 years).
Below are fuller details of these two tender opportunities.
- Esso Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL)-An ExxonMobil Subsidiary
Contractor of OML 133/139/223 Deepwater Development Projects
Esso Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) plans to engage the services of a deepwater Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (MODU) to drill at its deepwater locations within the NNPC/EEPNL Production Sharing Contract (PSC) acreage for an anticipated total contract term of one (1} year term with a four optional (1) year extensions (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 years). Contract is expected to commence in 4Q 2020.
- SCOPE OF WORK
- Tenderer’s will be required to support the scope of work listed below including, but not limited to:
- The provision of a Deep Water Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (MODU) to conduct drilling, completion, testing, temporary abandonment and workover activities in water depth range from 1000m -1800m below
- Provision of equipment and qualified personnel to supervise the operation, service and maintenance of the Deep Water MODU
- Provision of an adequate operating base in Nigeria to support a Deep Water Drilling Operation
Interested companies must be able to provide the following:
- Demonstrate capacity to provide required equipment and or service for the relevant service in a deepwater environment
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the product and capacity to deplore service in the deepwater environment
- Document and provide relevant licenses and certification to support capability to provide relevant service or equipment
- Document and provide equipment specification relevant to providing relevant service in the Deep water environment.
- Demonstrate in country capacity to support deep water operation for relevant service in Nigeria
- Meets and or exceed other Technical requirements for service in the bid documents
- Mandatory Requirements
To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified in the 3.04.01 service category in NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database. All successfully prequalified suppliers in each category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service category you are listed for, open http://vendorsjqs.com and access NJQS with your log-in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8, Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access http://www.nipex-ng.com to download an application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the Nipex System.
- Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI)
A subsidiary of TOTAL
(NipeX TENDER Reference No: 1000003687
Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI) invites interested and reputable indigenous suppliers with suitable vessels, personnel, equipment and relevant experience for consideration for inclusion for inclusion in the tenderer’s list for subject tender opportunity.
- Brief description of work scope and specifications.
Scope of services include the provision of Fast Crew Boat (FOB) services within OML 130 PERMIT AREA including AKPO, EGINA and PREOWEI fields for a duration of two (2) firm years plus optional one (1) year extension. Provided vessels shall assist;
✓ The drilling rigs and/or platforms in case of evacuation
✓ With firefighting, oil spill clean-up duties within her capabilities and rescue operations (man overboard) as may be required
✓ In tanker berthing operations (hose handling)
✓ With close stand-by duties in case of helicopter operations
Mandatory Requirement – Tender
✓ Tenderer shall as per the latest monthly Marine Vessel / Vendor Categorisation Report published by NCDMB on the Advert closing date;
- Have Class “AAA” status for the nominated vessel (Crew Boat) under “ Category 1″ or
- Be a Category A (A &AA) vendor and own the nominated vessel (Crew Boat) which shall be categorized “Nigerian owned” in the NCDMB NOGIC JQS marine vessel categorization report, or •
- Be a Category A (A & AA) vendor providing a binding MOA (Memorandum of Association) with another category “A/AA” vendor owning the nominated Nigerian vessel (FCB), thus far the category “A/AA” vessel owner is not participating in the tender.
Mandatory Requirement – VESSEL
- Vessel’s age should not be more than 10 years (during the tenure of the firm period) from the manufactured year i.e. not older than 2009
- Vessel speed should not be less than 20 knots
- Vessel shall meet the class requirements as per IACS and be manned by competent crews with valid STWC certificate, etc.
- Vessel shall be supported by experienced onshore technical management and support organization with proven track record.
- Mandatory Requirements
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested suppliers are required to be prequalified in the Tugs / ROV Support / Diving Support Vessel (3.08.01) category of the NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS)
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/services category you are listed for: Open http://vendors.nipexjqs.com and access NJQS with your log in details. Click on Products/Services Status tab to view your status and product codes.
- If you are not listed in the product/service category but you have registered with the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) to do business in the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry, contact the NipeX administration office at 8 Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi with your DPR Certificate as evidence for verification and necessary Update
SOURCE: AFRICA OIL + GAS REPORT